Bio-Kult Advanced multi-strain probiotics for gut health
The original multi-strain Bio-Kult product containing 14 strains of live bacteria for everyday use.
The bacteria in Bio-Kult are cryoprotected during the freeze drying process, which gives two main benefits:
1. They are protected from the harsh acid environment of the stomach and are therefore able to colonise the full length of the gastrointestinal tract.
2. The process allows Bio-Kult to be stored at room temperature without the need for refrigeration.
Bio-Kult can be used on a continuous basis or for a short period of time, e.g. when taking antibiotics
May contain soya and milk as these are used in the growth media of the strains. Traces of milk are at a level that would not affect lactose intolerance sufferers.
What are the storage requirements for Bio-Kult?
Keep sealed and store in cool, dry conditions - there is no need to refrigerate. In high, ambient temperatures (25°C+) air-conditioning or refrigeration would be cautionary to assist in maintaining shelf life. Total viable count guaranteed to the end of the 2 year shelf life
How do I take Bio-Kult?
Take 1 - 2 capsules once or twice daily with food. If taking two or more capsules daily, you may wish to split the dose between two meals. Bio-Kult is a completely safe live bacteria food supplement, has no contraindications and carries no risk of overdose. Bio-Kult live bacteria capsules can be pulled apart and the contents sprinkled on to food, mixed in a drink or swallowed whole.
If you are taking antibiotics:
Take 4 capsules daily, ideally at a different time of the day from the antibiotics and continue taking for at least 2 weeks after completion of the antibiotic course
2 weeks before travel follow guidelines for general use. During travel take 4 capsules daily and continue to take for at least 2 weeks following the end of travel
For children under the age of 12, take half of the adult dose stated above.
Are there any side effects?
Our products contain a high concentration of live bacteria. If there is a pathogenic overload in your gut, and you start off with a high dose, in a small number of people a ‘die-off' side effect, such as bloating, gas, nausea or headaches, may be experienced for a few days.
Can Bio-Kult be taken during pregnancy?
Bio-Kult contains naturally occurring beneficial microorganisms which have been previously shown to be safe to take during pregnancy. However, we would always recommend that advice should be sought from your GP/Health Care Practitioner whenever taking supplements.
Can I take Bio-Kult alongside antibiotics?
Yes, evidence shows that taking live bacteria supplements at the same time as an antibiotic can reduce the incidence of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea. For the best results, take the supplement at the opposite end of the day to the antibiotic. Where this is not possible, take the live bacteria supplement at least three hours after the antibiotic course.
- Cellulose (bulking agent)
- Vegetable capsule (hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose)
Live bacteria cultures:
- Bacillus subtilis PXN® 21™
- Bifidobacterium bifidum PXN® 23™
- Bifidobacterium breve PXN® 25™
- Bifidobacterium infantis PXN® 27™
- Bifidobacterium longum PXN® 30™
- Lactobacillus acidophilus PXN® 35™
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus PXN® 39™
- Lactobacillus casei PXN® 37™
- Lactobacillus plantarum PXN® 47™
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus PXN® 54™
- Lactobacillus helveticus PXN® 45™
- Lactobacillus salivarius PXN® 57™
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis PXN® 63™
- Streptococcus thermophilus PXN® 66™
Each capsule contains:
- Minimum 2 billion live microorganisms per capsule (2x109CFU/capsule), equivalent to 10 billion live microorganisms per gram (1x1010 CFU/gram)
Suitable for vegetarians
Good manufacturing practice
Tested on humans not animals
Evidence based rating